We are so pleased you are considering Sunshine Nursery School for your family and for your special young person. Here you will find some useful information regarding registration and tuition.
Sunshine Nursery School offers open enrollment. We assume current students will attend for all of their preschool experience and we are always excited to have new faces join our classes when space permits. Children who will be at least 2 years, 9 months as of September of the enrolled year are eligible for our three year old classes. When possible, we try to establish well balanced classes – ages, backgrounds, gender, etc.
Priority is given to returning families or alum families.
Time-line for Applications/Acceptance
1. Call the school one year before your child is age appropriate to attend (two years nine months) to receive a brochure.
2. Make an appointment to visit the school in the spring or fall without your child.
3. When visiting, receive an application and submit it to the Sunshine office with a $75.00 registration fee. We do not have an online application because we feel strongly that families should visit first, to make sure we meet your expectations.
4. Your child is accepted if the office has your application and registration fee.
5. In April, parent and child visit the classrooms. The parent has the opportunity to ask questions and the teacher meets the child.
6. May 15th – one month’s tuition is due which will be credited to the final payment for the following school year.
7. A letter announcing a parent meeting in September, preferred parent help day form and a health form are sent in July.
8. Health form with proper immunization and signed by a physician must be received by the school before the child may enter in September.
Sunshine has rolling admissions – we accept applications anytime. The school has already accepted applications for the 2017-2018 school year.
Tuition for the 2018-2019 School Year
5 Days $9,050.00 $905.00
4 Days $8,270.00 $827.00
Older 4’s 8:45-12:00
5 Days $8,250.00 $825.00
4 Days $7,500.00 $750.00
3 Days $6,750.00 $675.00
Younger 4’s 8:45-11:30
5 Days $7,160.00 $716.00
4 Days $6,500.00 $650.00
3 Days $5,500.00 $550.00
5 Days $6,950.00 $695.00
3 Days $5,300.00 $530.00
2 Days $4,500.00 $450.00
Stay & Play
12:30-2:00 pm 3 yr olds & young 4’s $20
1:00-2:00 pm older 4’s & PreK $15
12:30-3:00 pm 3 yr olds & young 4’s $35
1:00-3:00 pm older 4’s & PreK $30
Tuition paid in full for the year by June 11, 2017 will receive a 2% discount.
Sunshine Nursery School has established a Pre-K Program to better serve those children (and their families) who either miss the kindergarten cut-off date for their town or for whom an additional year of kindergarten preparation makes sense. Your child may attend Sunshine Nursery School’s Pre-K program four or five days a week. Children are with us from 8:30am to 1:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and from 8:30am to 11:30am on Wednesdays.
Developmentally, this is a terrific opportunity for children – this age – to transition to a slightly longer day. This schedule provides us more time to hone two important skill sets…- sharing lunch with friends and faculty in a low-stress program with a focus on helping children develop the social and emotional growth needed to successfully navigate the increasingly demanding kindergarten requirements.- to have a little more time to better prepare them for the rigors of kindergarten academics.
Refund for Early Withdrawal
When a child is enrolled in the school, he or she is expected to remain for the full year. If a child withdraws, the Board of Directors decides whether there should be a refund of tuition.