SUNSHINE NURSERY SCHOOL
19 Prentiss Road Unit 2
ARLINGTON, MASSACHUSETTS 02476
Phone: (781) 646-1630
Fax: (781) 641-4790
DATES TO REMEMBER:
June 1- Tuition Due-a few families owe June Tuition. Most families paid last June.
June 7- School Picnic- Summer Street Playground- 12:00 – 2:00 (no lunch bunch)
June 7- Miss Erika- Nature Presentation- Pond Life!
June 13-14 – Ice Cream Fun-
June 13- 14- Sing-a-long- entire school-
June 14- Flag Day Parade- last day of school-Red, White and Blue Day!! (11:15 )
(No Lunch Bunch)
TUITION FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2017-2018
Returning children and new families to Sunshine should pay June’s tuition for the year 2017 – 2018 by June 1st . Families paying in full with a 2% discount must be paid by June 14th. Thank you very much!
SUMMER CAMP: All “Summer Camp” tuition should be paid by June 14th. We start “Summer Camp” on June 19 . We have a few more spaces if you would like to join us on Week 1 (19-22) – Week 3 (July 5 – 7) short week and Week 6- (July 24 – 27) Inquire in the office. It’s a fun experience for all the children who attend.
When: June 7th
Where: Hill’s Hill-Summer Street- next to the Recreation Department- skating rink
Time: 12:00 – 2:00 PM.
A separate reminder notice will be sent out!
Please put sunscreen on your children before coming to school. We spend more time outside during the nice weather. Thanks!
A FEW OPENINGS:
We have a few openings for three year olds for next year. Please tell neighbors and friends. Thanks!
Thank you to the Parent Chairpersons who helped this year with “Teacher Appreciation Breakfast” – Teacher gifts and in any other capacity. Thank you to anyone who helped throughout the year with support and kindness. We appreciate all that you do for Sunshine!
APPLICATIONS FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019:
If you have a toddler who will be three by December 31, 2018, get an application now so you are guaranteed a space. Tell your friends that we are accepting applications now for 2018-2019 school year.
The children and teachers so enjoy our extra enrichment programs of Creative Movement with Miss Jen; PE with Coach John; special “Nature Presentations” with Miss Erika and fun yoga with Miss Debbie. They all bring their expertise with young children to our school that we all benefit from!
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL:
The last day of school is Wednesday, June 14th. There is no “Lunch Bunch” and there will be the usual dismissal time.
END OF YEAR GRADUATIONS: For many years we have had end of year graduations for our older 4’s and Pre-K children. Past experience had made us believe this isn’t a good idea when parents are invited and weren’t able to attend. Many children were very stressed and disappointed if their parent didn’t arrive. (lots of tears!) Our end of year activities are low key with sing-a-long, ice cream and a parade. Smooth good- byes and happy fare wells leave a positive ending to the school year.
COMMENTS TO SUNSHINE QUESTIONNAIRES:
- Lunch bunch and early drop-off may be paid in advance yearly, monthly or weekly.
- All calendar events are in the newsletter, emailed and distributed to families. Tuition is always due the first of every month and a reminder is posted on the door to the school.
- Any parent who would like an end of the year conference, contact your child’s teacher. They would be happy to arrange the conference.
- In the Sunshine Handbook, parents can refer to the page-“Guide to Parent Helping” before helping in the classroom, this page is filled with parent helping tips!
- Our school philosophy is “Learn by Play”. All social, emotional, physical and cognitive development is enhanced by play. Children grow at their own rate and most three year old children are not ready to learn letters and numbers.
- Over the years having parent/teacher conferences have worked best having 2 days off from school and during morning hours. The majority of parents agrees with this time slot and share child care.
- All daily curriculum is posted on white boards outside the classrooms.
If parents have questions, most answers are in our Sunshine Handbook.
Question: (Forgot to put on the questionnaire) If anyone would like Sunshine to extend the Lunch Bunch or afternoon time to 2:00 or 3:00PM, please inquire in the office. Thank you!
MAY YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE, RESTFULL AND HAPPY SUMMER AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING MANY FAMILIES RETURNING IN THE FALL!
THOSE FAMILIES NOT RETURNING, DO COME BACK AND VISIT!! WE LOVE TO SEE OUR ALUMNI!!
FOR OUR SIXTYTH ANNIVERSARY IS THIS JUNE. WE WILL BE HAVING AN “OPEN HOUSE” ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH FROM 1:00 – 4:00 PM. COME JOIN US!